I woke up looked at my phone and it said 9am. I did my thing and went downstairs. My dad said why are you up so early? I thought to myself, it's 9am. I looked at the clock and it was 7am!!! (Wtf) I realized that my phone was still showing Japanese time.
I decided to take a little stroll around the block after breakfast.
There were a lot of mopeds, all I saw were mopeds. None of the streets had traffic lights so they would just honk, pretty crazy. Also I was lucky enough to see a store grand opening. As expected, there was a dragon dance.
As I'm typing this some moped or car just drove by the house blasting Modern Talking "You're my heart you're my soul" Nice!!!
12pm and it's lunch time...it was simple 4 dishes but it was good! Auntie made tofu with tomatoes, some veggie with tofu soup and shrimp stir fried. All were delicious, I particular like the that dish. The veggie has this bitter and wasabi taste to it which I never had before. You can't find that type of veggie in the states. You guys will like this fruit that I just ate. It's call bu sur don't know how to spell it but the translation is suck milk. Hahaha...I know. Here is how you eat the fruit, first you have to squeeze the fruit all around :), then you can cut a hold and suck the juice which looks like milk or you can cut the fruit in half and use the spool to scope the inside. I'm pretty sure a man discovered and ate this fruit first :).
We hung the for an hr or two then went and met up with another relative. We took a taxi to there place, I'm still in aw of the traffic here. Anyway, we got to there place. We chat for an hr then our cousin took us for little tour of Saigon. We went to the famous market in Saigon called Cho Ben Thanh. I wanted to see all of it but my parents kind of rush us through it. The time i will ask them to stay home and just have the young folks go :). I think they were tired and didn't want to walk. After about 40 mins at this market we went to an upscale shopping area, more for the tourist. It was pretty nice, the mall is like Tysons 2. Yeah you would need $$$ to shop at this place. After an hr or so we left and went back to our cousin's to rest before going out for dinner.
Around 7pm we met up with someone at a restaurant called Qua Ngon, English translation is Very Good :). We got some 3Vietnamese pancakes, these were big. We got another dish called lau, hot pot dish. I had hot pot dishes before but not like this one. The broth was gooood! The third dish were these fried thingy, forgot want it was called but the taste was similar to the pancake.
All three dishes were excellent!!!
Oh forgot to mentioned this, I scanned through the menu and saw a picture but didn't recognized what it was until I looked closer and read what it said. The picture turned out to be a snake...ewww, no thanks!
Anyway, I had food coma after the meal and all I want to do was go to bed. We left the restaurant around 9 or so.
I'm tired and sleepy! Nite nite














No comments:
Post a Comment