Thursday, December 15, 2011

Vietnam trip - Day 15 (12/15/11)


I didn't get my usual 10 hrs sleep last night but it was all good :). I got up at my usual time, 7am. I took a shower and we got to my uncle's place around 8:30am. It was raining early this morning but it stopped, hopefully no more rain. Minh came over and we went to eat had some pho and coffee at the Cafe High-Tech place. The pho wasn't as good as the pho place I had yesterday. Before the pho came, I was able to FaceTime the fam. It was nice, let see, i've been here for almost two weeks and little E seem so big now. He cracks me up every time I see him :). Anyway, we hang there little over an hr and headed back to my uncle's place. It's 10am now and can't wait for lunch which will be little over an hr...haha. I guess I will drink some young coconut for now :) (see pix). More relatives came over so I can't really chill and lay in my fav wooden recline chair :(. I was siting here with four people and three people left to do stuff. I was like, don't leaveeeee! So I was left alone with my 70 yrs old aunt (my dad's younger sister) which we are meeting for the first time. I just smiled and be adorable :) (ok, you can stop puking now). Yea! My mom and my other aunt are back, phew.
I just sneaked away and ate some fruits...yum! Somehow I was able to find the courage to tell myself to stop eating :). I guess the only reason for me stopping was lunch will be serve in half an hr.
Yeah! The sun is out, wonder for how long?
Delicious! I just finished lunch and drank some beer with ice, Vietnamese love to drink beer with ice :). I know right, me drinking beer during lunch. I better not do that when I get back to the states :). Ahhh nice cool breeze...I'm just chilling on my fav wooden recline chair looking out at the garden and the road, so nice! Now I'm chilling on the hammock :).
Oh, I was asking Minh earlier on how people buy cars and houses in Vietnam. He said almost everyone pay cash for them. He said people would just bring bags and bags of money. I would love to see a car or house transaction :).
It's 4:40 pm and i just got back from chilling at the beach, ate something called Ghe and drink some beer. I never had Ghe before, Ghe is like a crab but the shelf and the meat are softer. Ghe can be found at certain part of the ocean where salt water and warm water meet. The Ghe's juice is sweet and the meat is juicy. Thank goodness they didn't add obey like back in the states. We dipped the meat with this awesome sauce. The sauce was made from salt, sugar, chilli pepper and lime. This sauce made the meal, otherwise it wouldn't be as good.
It's 8:30pm and I'm back at my place. I just had my last dinner in Tuy Hoa. It was just my uncle, aunt, Minh and myself, my dad and mom went and ate veggies with the relatives. My last dinner here was delicious, I requested my favorite dish so we had the lau with beef and roll it with rice paper...soooooo gooooooood! Hmmm...roll night when I get back :).
We will take the train tomorrow around 2:30pm to Nha Trang. Hmm, I wonder what I'll eat for breakfast and lunch :)?
Man I'm still stuffed so I'll watch a little movie before I go to bed.
To be continue...

1 comment:

  1. What happened to one of the 5 budhist commandments: do not drink?!!

    ReplyDelete